Monday, May 19, 2008

to the left, to the left, to the right, to the right, now freeeeeze

I have one small burned spot on only one of my feet, most likely due to the fact that as the sun laughed it's way toward the western horizon, my conspicuously charred foot, and the leg attached to it blocked the other leg from certain harmful rays of UV light. Spared by my own fucking shadow. Joy. So I'll walk for a day or so with an almost undetectable limp, which so far has only reminded me of other one-sided disasters that plague my body on a daily basis...

Right hip is sore, which I've been informed is a byproduct of my neglect to stretch before just about everything, something about a T-band?? Right shoulder still aches from an epic snowboarding accident, broken in three places years ago. Speck of dust continually present in the lower left corner of my left eye follows my words even now as I type. Apparently this is called a floater, but to me it is a continually pesky fly that likes to play between my face and whatever I'm trying desperately to admire. It's there even on the inside of my eyelid when I close my eyes. I think I hate flies more than I already did.

I could go on about my half-body fatigue for pages, but that would probably just make one of my hands hurt more than the other because I decided to use one part of the keyboard more than the other. You get the point. Next time I go on stage, just make sure to tell me to break a left leg, because we both know I'll pick one or the other...

Here are some old lyrics that begin rather directionally:

Take a look on the right
you were right i know
I walk alone, from
m y s e l f
alone.

But I'm not, I'm not, I'm not coming home...
If I can

From this fallen house you will wait
for me
inside
inside

If I could walk, I could walk alone, I would walk alone

No comments: